Adding images to nin.com
Nin.com does not host any images or video. Instead, it imports images and video from your Flickr and YouTube accounts. To add images to nin.com, you'll first need to add those images to your Flickr account. Flickr membership is free, and the service is easy to use.
- Log in to Flickr if you haven't already.
- If you have already authenticated your Flickr account with nin.com, skip to step 8. Otherwise, you'll need to take a quick second to authenticate your Flickr account with nin.com. You'll only need to do this one time. Click on your username in the upper right corner of nin.com to access your profile.
- Locate the Contact Info window of your profile. If you have removed the Contact Info module, you can add it with the Add New Module window on the right side of your profile.
- To edit your Contact Info, click on the pencil in the upper right corner of the Contact Info window. This will allow you to edit your contact info. Scroll to the bottom of the list of options, and click the "add" button next to Flickr.
- Flickr will ask your permission to let nin.com access your account. Click the large "OK, I'll Allow It" button to grant permission, then you will be returned to nin.com. You have now successfully authenticated your Flickr account with nin.com.
- Go to the nin.com image galleries at http://media.nin.com/main/images. You will now need to locate the gallery on nin.com where you wish to add photos. Please make sure you are choosing an appropriate gallery for the images you wish to add. For further information on this, visit the guide to nin.com's galleries in the FAQ.
- Locate the pull-down browse menus towards the top of the page. Opening the second menu, "All Galleries," will give you a list of every gallery on nin.com. You can filter that down by first choosing a collection using the first pull-down menu. Collections are groups of galleries. Once you choose a collection, the gallery menu will only display galleries within that collection. Once you've located the gallery you're looking for, click "GO."
- On the main gallery page, just underneath the gallery's title, you will see "Flickr code" followed by a string of letters and numbers. Each gallery has its own unique code, and any of your Flickr images you tag with that code will show up in its corresponding gallery. Highlight the code and copy it using Ctrl+C (command+C on a Mac), or write it down.
- Go to the image on Flickr that you wish to add to nin.com. In the right-hand column of the page, click "Add a tag" to apply a new tag to your image. Paste in the Flickr code from nin.com using Ctrl+V (command+V on a Mac), or type it in manually if you wrote it down. Then click the "ADD" button. Note: You can add tags to multiple Flickr images at once using the "Organize" tab at the top of the page.
- You're done! Your image will now appear in the nin.com gallery you chose. Usually Flickr images appear on nin.com within minutes, but sometimes it can take longer, even up to a day, so please be patient. If a day has passed and your image still isn't displaying on nin.com, consult the FAQ.
- You can find your image on nin.com by returning to the gallery using the browse menus on nin.com, as you did before. You can also see all the images you've added by clicking your images in the upper right corner of any page in the image galleries.
Have questions or need more help? Visit the FAQ.